Cork ReHarvest is the leading non-profit, non-governmental organization dedicated to advancing carbon-neutral solutions for the collection and recycling of natural cork throughout the United States and Canada.
Through voluntary programs that further public awareness and encourage collective participation, Cork ReHarvest partners with businesses, communities, student groups, individuals and government to accelerate the adoption of sustainable practices.
Cork ReHarvest is the only non-profit North American recycling initiative 100% committed to carbon neutral solutions for the collection and distribution of recyclable natural corks.
Founded and funded by Willamette Valley Vineyards in 2008, Cork ReHarvest has attracted a rapidly growing network of responsible Food & Beverage industry retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers, supply chain vendors and transport providers — each of whom is voluntarily playing an active, strategic role in redirecting discarded natural wine corks from North America's waste stream into a more sustainable re-use stream.
Cork ReHarvest is the only non-profit North American recycling initiative 100% committed to carbon neutral solutions for the collection and distribution of recyclable natural corks. This difference is vital to ensure that sustainability gains from recycling cork are not offset by collection- and transport-related emissions.
Cork ReHarvest aims to help:
- Reduce environmental and social impacts from landfill of billions of natural corks discarded annually in North America.
- Replace less sustainable manufacturing materials with eco-friendly 100% renewable, biodegradable and recyclable natural corkwood.
- Raise public awareness and sense of urgency about the vital ecological role cork forests play in:
- aiding our fight against global climate change by sinking huge amounts of CO2 from our atmosphere
- providing habitat for one of the highest levels of forest biodiversity on Earth
- protecting rare and endangered species
- preventing desertification of the Mediterranean region, and
- sustaining indigenous communities and culture.
- Encourage consumers to purchase wines sealed with natural cork as the single best way to actively save and protect our economically threatened cork forests.
- Provide the public with reliable information about natural cork and cork forests.
- Promote wines sealed with natural cork.
- Provide responsible wineries, retailers and consumers who support wines sealed with natural cork a convenient, sustainable, carbon-neutral end-of-life solution for their discarded corks.
Join Cork ReHarvest! To enlist as a Cork ReHarvest collection site, or find out about other ways you can partcipate, please contact: